Parents Association of The American Boychoir School
Welcome to the Parents Association of The American Boychoir School. Our purposes and goals are:
- To be a voice of all parents to the ABS community
- To be partners in the education and social experiences of our children at ABS; to enrich and improve their daily lives through educational opportunities and social activities
- To help improve and fundraise for ABS as enthusiastic advocates of the school and its programs
- To enhance communications between parents and others within and outside the ABS community
- To support the ABS Honor Code
As a parent of a boy currently enrolled in ABS, you are already a member of the PA. An annual Activity Fee is collected each fall by our treasurer on or before the first day of classes. We hold our first meeting of the school year at Orientation Weekend in the fall and our Annual Meeting during Graduation Weekend in June. Other meetings throughout the year (generally six) coincide with returning boys to campus from Mandatory Free Weekends and breaks. We encourage you to attend as many meetings as you are able.
The e-mail address for the executive officers of the Parents Association is: email@example.com
PA officers for 2012 - 2013 are:
- Catherine Haines, President
- Stacy Wilde, Vice President
- Jordan Corn and Rory Van Fossen, Treasurers
- Phyllis Fatzinger McShane, Secretary
Some of our many volunteer opportunities include:
Brick Sales: Bricks are sold yearly and placed in the entrance walkway to Albemarle. You may have your brick inscribed to commemorate your graduate or special occasion.
Spirit Store: Our Spirit Store is chock full of school spirit items for sale. Our table is set up five times a year at special events on campus.
Yearbook: Each year the PA produces and provides a quality yearbook for every boy to remember the school year.
Birthday Dinners: Every other month, parents plan and escort the boys out for a dinner to celebrate their special day.
Holiday Dinner: Our Holiday Dinner is not to be missed. Every December, the PA hosts this evening for faculty, staff, boys and their families to interact and share in the spirit of the season. Entertainment, dancing, crafts and of course wonderful food are all part of the fun.
Auctions: The PA hosts both on-line and live auctions offering everything from household items to fantastic vacations.
Used Uniform Closet: When your son outgrows his school uniform clothes, what do you do? Give them to the PA Used Uniform Closet for resale to another boy. And while you are there, pick out some moderately priced items for your own son!